April 3, 2008

Ramiele gets kicked

I think you've heard the news already. Ramiele Malubay, the only FIl-Am contestant who sings better (by a mile) than Jasmine Trias in AI history, has been kicked out of Idol. And though I've always anticipated this, I think it's a bit too early. I mean, Ramiele deserves to at least perform in Idol Gives Back than Jason Castro... or Kristy's Pee Cooked!

Anyway, last night I predicted that the bottom three would consist of Jason Castro, Brooke White and Ramiele Malubay. Well I got 2 out of 3 there, and when I learned that Kristy was part of the 3, I thought, oh no, Kristy is sooo not gonna get eliminated. Why? Because honestly, I thought that she was in her zone that night... and that country was her forte. So it's either Brooke or Ramiele. And either way, the two of them, though I know they may not win (fat chance), does not deserve to be there though I didn't like their performances much. But to be frank, I don't really like country as a whole, just some of it. And David Cook's Little Sparrow cover? Well.........

But still, David Cook just came from the hospital from too much cholesterol or something. So I figured it was more of a sympathetic vote than a creative one. Hehe.

I just still can't get over Ramiele's elimination for some reason though. I actually thought that she would be eliminated after Kristy and Jason. But no, she had to go first. Oh well... As Yahoo! stated in its headline, bye-bye Malu-bye! Boy are you gonna see a lot of waterworks tonight!

Oh, and here's an evaluation of tonight's performances:
--> Top 9 performance of 9 to 5 by Dolly Parton: Jason sucked.
--> The Next Great American Band winner "The Clark Brothers": Uhh... huh?
--> Dolly Parton performs "Jesus and Gravity":

Idol Gives Back Comments
Here's my view of what Idol Gives Back will seem based from the entry in Wikipedia:

"The "Idol Gives Back" initiative will return on April 9 for a second consecutive year, with a special start time of 7:30 p.m. ET, running for 150 minutes. Producers are hoping to exceed last year's $76 million raised. Again, proceeds will go to children's charities in Africa and the United States.

The following celebrities have been confirmed to appear by Ryan Seacrest on American Idol or on his radio show:[37]
Comedians: Billy Crystal, Robin Williams, Jim Carrey, and Dane Cook
Athletes: Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Kobe Bryant, and Ryan Sheckler
Actors: Brad Pitt, Reese Witherspoon, Jack Nicholson, Forest Whitaker, Kiefer Sutherland, and Jennifer Connelly
Musicians: Ashley Tisdale, Bono, Mariah Carey, Miley Cyrus, Annie Lennox, Fergie, John Legend, Maroon 5, Heart, Gloria Estefan, Boyz II Men, The Clark Brothers, Snoop Dogg, Vanessa Hudgens, and Celine Dion
Idol Alumni: Carrie Underwood, Jordin Sparks, Chris Daughtry (with his band), Fantasia Barrino, and Elliott Yamin.

"Amy Adams" has also been announced, but at present it is unclear if this is the actress or the former finalist from season 3.
More names are to be announced.

Idol alumni Fantasia Barrino and Elliott Yamin travelled to Angola with the show crew to promote health measures against malaria as part of the Malaria No More program.

Ellen DeGeneres was originally going to reprise last year's co-hosting duties but had to pull out due to "a personal production pressure" according to producer Nigel Lythgoe.[38]"

1) Dane Cook? Uhmm... wasn't he the one in the stupid movie called "Good Luck Chuck"?
2) Cool, Jack Nicholson!
3) Where's Angelina, Brad?
4) Oh God. Ashley Titsdale, Miley Cyrus, Vanessa Hudgens and The Clark Brothers. Seriously. This is a singing competition!
5) I guess I can't complain with Maroon 5, though.
6) Screw Jordin. Blake's kinda better.
7) Amy Adams the actress of course!
8) No comment on the Fantasia and Elliott part. Didn't they show us a clip of that already?
9) I personally love Ellen but... I guess something different wouldn't hurt, huh? And yeah, I think her show's more important since it's hers and it's her butter and bread (Idol Gives Back conflicts with the talk show's production schedule, I've heard.).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Elegant de BlogMundi