April 6, 2009

The Women review




Forgettable is one word you can describe to this star-studded chick flick, but so is derivative. It is indeed similar to Annette Bening's character's musings about her first time to bed a man: it hurts like hell.

I mean, I seriously am shocked at myself as to how I even survived it. It's just painful and long and frustrating to cruise through to the point that it feels really long when it really isn't. The plot drags on for, like forever and it feels as if it was originally made to be a freakin mini-series or something- that's how long it felt.

And really, are the characters of Debra Messing and Jada Pinkett-Smith in there for the sake of having them? They're not fleshed out nor do they actually play any part of significance. Even if their characters didn't exist in this movie, it would probably turn out the same. It's like they're disposable plot devices since one of them will be needed to end this whole bore.

Admittedly, there are a few scenes that are funny, but that doesn't stop the movie from being so rotten. The rage is just unexplainable, it's just that bad. It's so unoriginal that I simply can't stand it. I'm always like, oh, that's it?

You got a lot of talent at your disposal and you waste them for this piece of crap. You know what, I'm not gonna even bother justifying my judgment further (nor disclosing any more information about this movie for that matter)-it just isn't worth it. All I will just say is that this movie is the perfect torture device for men. I'm lucky to have half a brain right now after watching this.

Rating: 2.3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Elegant de BlogMundi