January 16, 2010

Windows 7 Shakes Excess Windows

I have to admit, I wasn't really that up-to-date with the new features of Windows 7, so while I was traversing the Windows site because I was helping Catherine find the function that displays Wi-Fi networks (for I do not have a Windows 7 laptop) I was looking for instructions. Then something in the Videos section caught my eye: Shake.

SHAKE? What does that do?

So I opened the video and to my amazement, I found this rather awesome feature:

Simple, but daaamn impressive.

If you didn't bother watching the FIFTEEN SECOND video (you cheap duck), then it's basically a dude showing people how to use a feature called Shake. Basically, if you have a lot of windows open, and you want to minimize all other windows except for one window in a snap, all you need to do is click the title bar of the window you want to keep maximized, and shake it with your mouse.

Pure genius. I seriously think Apple will duplicate this functionality.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Elegant de BlogMundi