January 18, 2010

Avatar: Best Picture

The Golden Globes have come and gone, and despite a few rightful wins (Cristoph Waltz), the Hollywood Foreign Press Association must've been hairsexed by the Na'vi, because Avatar had quite the sweep tonight.

James Cameron won best director, Avatar won Best Motion Picture - Drama. And Ahnuld mentioned some film called 'Abuhduh'.

I can't imagine myself in former Cameron spouse Katherine Bigelow's position though, must've hurt a bit, but not too much. I haven't really seen the Hurt Locker, but I think it's much more deserving than Avatar. So maybe Cameron can win the director award (I mean, the movie was a giant risk for the 10+ years it was in production), but I can just imagine something else winning Best Film. Just not Avatar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Elegant de BlogMundi