July 13, 2008

Paint.net: What Paint Should Be!

If there's one Photoshop alternative I'll download (save for GIMP), I'd download Paint.NET.

It's really easy to use, and the transparent floating windows are welcome, but mostly visual touch. And because it's a big step up from the real Paint, maybe Microsoft should learn what real drawing tools are from this free model.

Ironically (wait I think I'll be using this incorrectly), it's Microsoft's own .Net framework that supports it, so if you haven't downloaded it yet, you should for this thing to work.

Anyway, it offers the typical set of Photoshop-tier features such as layers, effects (blurs, etc.), the magic wand and more. Of course, it doesn't match Photoshop in every little way, but it is definitely one of the best alternatives I've come across.
                                                       CAPTION: Magic wand works like a charm!

Oh, and did I mention it was free?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Elegant de BlogMundi