April 1, 2009

Spongebob + Rock Band = April Fool's?

OK, I know today is April 1, but it seems Harmonix isn't joking. A three-song Spongebob Squarepants pack is coming to the Music Store for the rhythm game Rock Band in the Xbox 360 and PS3.

-eye twitches-

I still am recovering from shock, I mean, what the hell was Harmonix in when they picked Spongebob songs? Perhaps, it was Viacom all along? You know, MTV is owned by Viacom and MTV Games is associated with the Rock Band name, etc. etc.. Must be a plot to get more kids playing because RB is "underperforming". What a load of crap. I can understand trying to expand their horizons by adding country, but rap and Spongebob? Perhaps it's a bit too much.

But there are also some great songs coming out outside of that:

Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" - Hell yeah, I've been waiting for this.

Pat Benatar's "Heartbreaker" - It's already in Guitar Hero World Tour, but who freakin cares? Awesomeness.

Galsvegas' "Geraldine" - It's okay.

The Von Bondies' "C'mon C'mon" - Sounds pretty good.

Still, for those people who are diehard fans of Spongebob (in YouTube, there's lots apparently), here are the three songs:

"I Can't Keep My Eyes Off You" - To be honest, I can totally see this work in Rock Band, sorta. Spongebob's annoying though.

"The Best Day Ever" - Too... happy!


I just don't know when this will all come to Wii, though. Gotta wait a bit longer, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Elegant de BlogMundi