September 10, 2009

iTunes 9 I Like.

Even though the weight of the update is a bit unfathomable (EIGHTY-FIVE-POINT-FIVE MB'S?!), the new features added to the venerable iTunes application are actually pretty good.

True, the facelift made to the app itself is actually very creepy (I'll have to get used to that gloss. It's excessive.), the facelift made to the Store is very much welcome.

With a new iTunes Store revamp, comes a new iTunes Store feature: iTunes LP. Includes album specific liner notes, essays, photos, and videos. Basically, in modern terms, it's like a DVD menu for your (legally downloaded) music geared for the nostalgic bunch.

The new update also features Home Sharing which lets you sync libraries across different authorized computers. That means, music, movies, TV shows, even apps! Yes, my friend, this isn't just limited to streaming, this is actual copying! And it's legal!

The enhanced syncing makes for more granular choices, which I really love. This is the best thing that's ever happened to iTunes. I mean, now I can just leave my settings to actually sync my music instead of having to drag and drop every single damn time I install a point release.

What's even better is the fact that I can finally organize my apps through my computer which is just awesome.

Go download it now if you use an iPod, especially if it's running on iPhone OS.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Elegant de BlogMundi